We all love to have that perfect phrase for that perfect moment. As Goldwyn Smith once said, Nothing can stand against a really resolute quoter. Find some of the greatest, funniest and most memorable words spoken by Canadians in this easy-to-use collection.
• I just am a Canadian. It is not a thing which you can escape from. It is like having blue eyes. –Robertson Davies
• What we do should have a Canadian character. Nobody looks his best in somebody else’s clothes. –Vincent Massey
• The beginning of Canadian cultural nationalism was not Am I really that oppressed? but Am I really that boring? –Margaret Atwood
• Most Americans don’t understand Canadian political parties. Neither do most Canadians. –Eric Nicol
• Where Canadians got the monotone that you’re listening to now I don’t know – probably from the Canada goose. –Northrup Frye
• I didn’t know at first that there were two languages in Canada. I just thought that there was one way to speak to my father and another to speak to my mother. –Louis St. Laurent
• Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain. –Pierre Trudeau
• Hudson’s Bay is certainly a country that Sinbad the Sailor never saw, as he makes no mention of mosquitoes. –David Thompson
• The Americans are our best friends whether we like it or not. –Robert Thomson
• If some countries have too much history, we have too much geography. –William Lyon MacKenzie King.
And many more…