More chronicles of renowned Native leaders who grappled with the catastrophic arrival of foreigners on their soil, and the measures they took to protect their people:
· Tecumseh, the Shawnee leader who tried to unite all tribes into a single alliance
· Geronimo, who fought to keep his people’s homeland in New Mexico
· Crowfoot, the Blackfoot who made not war but treaty with the Canadian government
· Crazy Horse, the Sioux war chief who commanded his warriors against General George Custer and the Seventh Cavalry
· Wovoka, the Paiute prophet who gave the Ghost Dance to his people
· Plenty Coup, a Crow chief who fought with the Americans and tried to bring the two cultures together.