The Super Explorers want to show you the planes of the world, from biplanes and passenger jets to stealth aircraft and drones.
• The Wright Flyer was the first powered aircraft to fly
• The Spirit of St. Louis was the first plane to fly nonstop across the Atlantic Ocean
• The Gossamer Albatross is powered by a person pedaling a bike
• Some water bombers can scoop up water from big lakes to put out fires
• The Harrier Jump Jet can take off and land vertically so it does not need a runway
• The Concorde supersonic passenger jet could fly more than twice the speed of sound
• SpaceShipOne was a rocket-powered plane that could fly in space above the Earth’s atmosphere.